Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Leap of Faith

This last week was a really crappy week, for me atleast. So much stress over having to get a passport but not having the things I need to get it, all the homework I need(ed) to do, and just being dry about life. It was a looooooooooong week. Nothing to look forward to, and avoiding homework (don't worry guys, I did my homework). Except that our basketball team won our first game this past Friday! Only took us 3 games to get off the loser list! 
 
On Saturday, I went on a road trip to Anchorage with a few other students to speak with kids at the Sunday School at Change Point Church. It was a long three hour drive. So much jokes, screaming lyrics of songs playing on the radio, and lots of laughter. Over the weekend I was supposed  to get my stuff to get my passport, but they were misplaced, or lost. So that was a bummer, huge downer for a fun weekend spent with great friends. There goes my spring break to Mexico... Also since I don't have a phone, all my friends phones was what I used to get a hold of my family. 

Sunday afternoon, my mom decided last minute to make a one night trip home. Perks of working with airlines, travel on standby. Not only did I go to look for what I needed for my passport, I also got to see my nieces and nephews. I even got a good home-cooked meal. So good to see family. Looked and looked and looked....no where to be found. I'm flying out on the evening flight to Anchorage, and all I got from my trip home is good food and my baby fix. As I'm ready to check in, I get a call from my brother that they found my identification to get my passport! Then I check my email, I got even more exciting news, I got a spot for Summer Staff at Malibu!! I get to serve for a month at a beautiful Young Life camp in Canada! 

"Surrounded by people, but drowning in solitude." - Merideth Grey, Grey's Anatomy
There are a million people in the world, yet you can still feel alone. Crazy how that works. You can go and be a millionaire, drink alcohol, try to fill that void, but nothing just seems to do it. That's where God comes. I think that this past week was a huge reminder to let go of myself, and let God work. So many times we get carried away by life's chaos, and we get so overwhelmed we can't do anything about it. It's hard, but faith definitely has it's ways. 


So much love for this baby.
Surprise visit
I'M COMING BACK FOR A MONTH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment