Wednesday, February 4, 2015

.....so many things, not enough time.

Cramming homework, watching show after show after show on Netflix, barely making it to class on time, not getting enough caffeine to make it through the day, breaking the law, and losing my phone. Just kidding about breaking the law, but everything else is on the dot.

I've been kind of throwing homework on the side and running away from school, not literally, but laying in bed and pretty much dazing off into another world. I've actually been thinking of what it would be like if I grew up with both my grandmother's. One lived in Kipnuk, where my family lived, I was really close with my grandma on my mom's side who lived in Kwig, 15 min out of Kipnuk. Not that I was picky, they both spoiled and loved my siblings/cousins and I. I remember quite a bit about them. I especially loved running to one of them because I knew they couldn't say no. Who's grandma says no? But I was probably like, 5 or 6, I lost both of them to cancer. It wasn't long after one died the other did. I didn't know what was going on for a long time, not knowing I would never see them again.

Life has a way of really getting at you. Doesn't have to be anything big, just a bunch of little things. There's been a lot going these last couple days. I lost my phone....no it was stolen. I wasn't very upset about it except for all the cool pictures I had. Other than that, it's brought me to realize that so many of our lives are consumed by a device, we are on it ALL THE TIME. We get so attached to our phone, we forget how to have a conversation outside of the real world. We're so busy checking instagram, sending out selfies on snapchat, or just checking facebook every 5 seconds. Maybe I need this break from my phone, maybe you do too.

I was never influenced by alcohol growing up, and I'm thankful my parents never drank raising us. Coming to college, considering it's a Christian college, something in me thought I won't be around it. But it's COLLEGE, and what college student isn't going to party? Me. But everyone else probably isn't in the same boat as I am. A lot has happened where alcohol was included, and probably a lot of it wasn't good. It's hard seeing your friends drinking and running away from their problems with alcohol. It's hard to be an outsider, I'll probably go to the bar on my 21st birthday, get a beer, a root beer. #turndownforwhat. Probably with a side of icecream. Usually when life is too overwhelming for me to handle, I just run away. I seek adventure. If only that solved all my problems, and did my homework. Anyways.....I probably should stop writing and finish this assignment that's due in T-2 hours. And drown myself in coffee...no need to be concerned.

Crowding grandma, my brother Dolan(boy in the white), granmda Dolly, and I all shared birthdays. Everyone just wanted to fit in. How do I feel about this?...

I could use a little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment